- Company:Police Mutual
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Working Pattern:Full Time
- Weekly Hours:35
We have a new opportunity for a talented SQL Database Administrator to be based at our Liverpool Office joining a small but crucial team who are responsible for ensuring the availability of a modern and stable data platform. A SQL DBA with us will ensure our data platform is well maintained, available and secure at all times whilst proactively making improvements to ensure the platform is performing at the highest level.
In this role you will…
- Ensure the availability and integrity of the data platform
- Ensure the data platform aligns to the corporate build standards
- Maintain data security
- Proactively tune the data platform environment to ensure performance is maintained at the highest level
- Monitor and develop the data platform automation
- Analyse and feedback on data platform requirements/requests from the business
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line data platform support
- Contribute to the data platform documentation
All our SQL Database Administrators possess the following…
- Backup and restoration skills including point in time recovery
- Database migrations/upgrades
- SQL Server metadata (DMV’s, Waits/Stats)
- Knowledge of T-SQL and objects such as Stored Procedures, Table Valued Functions
- SQL Server Integration Services in SQL Server 2012 or later
- SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 or later
- Experience liaising with other departments and senior management
What’s in it for you…
We’re just as passionate about what we do for our colleagues as we are for our members and customers. We provide a great working environment and offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 24 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private medical healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. All colleagues also have access to Lifeworks – an employee Wellbeing platform which hosts a number of valuable wellbeing initiatives such as our EAP, tools and articles on emotional, financial and physical wellbeing and our fantastic internal recognition scheme.
Needless to say once you join the Police Mutual Group you become a member and as such yourself and your family will become eligible to our fantastic products and services.
To apply, set up your account:
- Create a comprehensive candidate profile and upload your CV to promote yourself effectively to our recruitment teams.
- Receive real-time email and profile alerts when a potential opportunity becomes available.
- View and manage your applications.