- Company:Police Mutual
- Is this vacancy only for internal applicants?:No
- Contract Type:Contract
- Working Pattern:Full Time
- Weekly Hours:35
The Police Mutual Group are a financial services organisation working exclusively for the benefit and welfare of police officers, staff and their families and for those working in the Military. We are a rare combination of commercial focus and not-for profit.
As a mutual we don’t have to answer to shareholders, our members and our employees are always our first priority and that makes for a rewarding place to work. One team, providing positive results through practical solutions; we’re set to make the most of the fantastic foundations we have in place, with a strategy that will create some outstanding opportunities along the way.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Actuarial Officer to join our Actuarial Team on a 12 month contract.The successful candidate will help PMAS achieve its business plan by providing actuarial knowledge to the group, giving technical support to all areas of the business. You will work with the rest of the actuarial team, sharing knowledge that will help to influence others. This is senior role within a small actuarial team and is a key role within the business. The successful applicant can expect to be directly influencing decisions at an Executive level.
In this role you will…
- Contribute to the development of the group’s actuarial philosophy and policy.
- Lead and assist in the production of reports required for regulatory reasons (e.g. year-end valuation).
- Lead and give input to product development & maintenance work including PPFM & TCF aspects.
- Prepare various reports of a technical nature, including data gathering, analysis for those reports and consideration of PPFM and TCF aspects.
- Provide technical support for other areas of the group: answering questions, performing ad hoc calculations for members, dealing with some member complaints etc. This includes consideration of PPFM and TCF aspects.
- Support, mentor and develop junior members of the actuarial team.
- Review new actuarial legislative or regulatory requirements to assess impact and oversee implementation as required.
- Use, maintain and upgrade actuarial modelling and valuation systems.
- Work with IT department to produce systems for admin teams: specification of calculations, checking, overseeing implementation.
- Develop actuarial knowledge and keep abreast of current issues.
All of our Actuarial Officers possess the following…
- Technical application of actuarial skills
- Communication (written and verbal; in particular ability to present technical information in a non-technical way)
- Commercial awareness
- Computer literacy (inc actuarial projection systems, spreadsheets & word processing packages)
- Professional and ethical conduct
- Information analysis skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Time management
- Project management skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Actuarial skills and techniques including relevant professional guidance
- Actuarial modelling and projection systems
- Life assurance and investment products in general, covering both existing and potential new products
- Detailed knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the role
- Understand TCF principles and how the role can support, reinforce and influence them
- General awareness of issues and trends in life assurance and investment markets
- General understanding of the police service and our members
If this role sounds like its for you, please apply now!
To apply, set up your account:
- Create a comprehensive candidate profile and upload your CV to promote yourself effectively to our recruitment teams.
- Receive real-time email and profile alerts when a potential opportunity becomes available.
- View and manage your applications.