- Company:Police Mutual
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Working Pattern:Full Time
- Weekly Hours:35
Police Mutual currently have a new and exciting vacancy for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer to join our team at the Head Office in Lichfield.
We need someone who will ensure that our PMAS buildings are maintained to a very high standard, ensuring that we provide a safe and pleasant working environment for all staff, visitors and contractors working on site. You’ll play an integral part within the organisation and you’ll build strong relationships with all business areas and colleagues to create a great place to work for all.
In this role you will…
- Work within the facilities team to provide a professional service ensuring the working environment is safe, reliable and always equipped with the correct and required equipment.
- Respond to mechanical, electrical and plumbing failures in a timely manner.
- Provide technical engineering maintenance support for facilities plant and equipment.
- Plan various maintenance tasks ahead of time when required in order to ensure the business runs smoothly.
- Assist and advise with asset life cycle planning for all facilities plant and equipment.
- Build strong and effective internal relationships.
- Undertake routine investigations and checks, keeping documentation as you go.
- Act as the point of contact for contractors working on site.
- Conduct a health and safety induction for all contractors.
- Manage email enquiries relating to all maintenance and facilities queries.
- Place contractor orders, matching invoices to the orders, processing receipts.
What we need from you…
- Experience in Mechanical and/or Electrical Maintenance Engineering.
- Ability to work alone and to manage your own daily activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively either in person, on the phone, via email.
- Some Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Knowledge of areas of engineering compliance including PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, SSoW, Asbestos Control, Legionella and DSEAR.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of facilities, plant and equipment including but not limited to HVAC systems, chillers, plumbed systems and building management system.
- A valid driving licence.
- Flexibility to work on other sites on occasionally.
In return we provide a great working environment together with a comprehensive training and induction programme. We offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 24 days holiday (this increases in service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role, please apply now!
To apply, set up your account:
- Create a comprehensive candidate profile and upload your CV to promote yourself effectively to our recruitment teams.
- Receive real-time email and profile alerts when a potential opportunity becomes available.
- View and manage your applications.