- Company:Police Mutual
- Is this vacancy only for internal applicants?:No
- Contract Type:Fixed Term
- Working Pattern:Full Time
- Weekly Hours:35
The Police Mutual Group are a financial services organisation working exclusively for the benefit and welfare of police officers, staff and their families and for those working in the Military. We are a rare combination of commercial focus and not-for profit.
As a mutual we don’t have to answer to shareholders, our members and our employees are always our first priority and that makes for a rewarding place to work. One team, providing positive results through practical solutions; we’re set to make the most of the fantastic foundations we have in place, with a strategy that will create some outstanding opportunities along the way.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our Finance team on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will support the Senior Business Partner, Sales and Marketing in driving the commercial finance activity to deliver business support across commercial and financial analysis, business planning and regular reporting.
In this role you will…
- Support the Departmental Managers in their management of the financial implications of the activities of their areas of responsibility;
- Provide reporting and analysis of the operational cost for individual Heads Of Department on both an actual and forecast basis;
- Support the review and enhancement of the quality and timeliness of the sales and revenue accounting reporting on an ongoing basis;
- Support the accurate and timely completion of the revenue accounting for the business;
- Ensure costs of each relevant department are accounted for and forecast accurately, in a timely manner and meeting the requirements of the accounting policies and control environment of the Group;
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of the weekly sales reporting of the business;
- Support the review and enhancement of the efficiency, controls and effectiveness of the revenue accounting and sales reporting processes on an ongoing basis;
- Provide assistance when necessary to the other members of the finance, actuarial and investments departments to enable them to meet their responsibilities to maintain the financial control environment of the Group;
- Provide support for the forecast and budget processes of the Group, including delivery of their allocated responsibilities within the process to the required levels of accuracy, timeliness, control and quality
All of our Finance Business Partners possess the following…
- To be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/CA/ACCA) – preferable but not essential
- Good understanding of management accounting processes
- A proven track record of providing finance business partnering support to diverse business areas
- Strong exposure to partnering with non-finance colleagues
- Experience in the production and reporting of financial management information
- Experience in providing financial analysis of business performance to non-financial colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills
- Significant experience of financial accounting systems
- Experience of working in finance roles within retail financial services - preferably insurance
What’s in it for you…
We’re just as passionate about what we do for our colleagues as we are for our members and customers. We provide a great working environment and offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 27 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private medical healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. All colleagues also have access to Lifeworks – an employee Wellbeing platform which hosts a number of valuable wellbeing initiatives such as our EAP, tools and articles on emotional, financial and physical wellbeing and our fantastic internal recognition scheme.
Needless to say once you join the Police Mutual Group you become a member and as such yourself and your family will become eligible to our fantastic products and services.
To apply, set up your account:
- Create a comprehensive candidate profile and upload your CV to promote yourself effectively to our recruitment teams.
- Receive real-time email and profile alerts when a potential opportunity becomes available.
- View and manage your applications.