- Company:Police Mutual
- Is this vacancy only for internal applicants?:No
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Working Pattern:Full Time
- Weekly Hours:35
Are you looking for an employer that cares? One that can offer you guidance, development and a supportive work environment? Police Mutual Group exists to improve the lives of our members and, as a colleague, that means we’re here for you too!
We’re based in Liverpool, with fantastic access to public transport and shops. The office is a modern building with a large, open plan office space which looks out over the docks.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Handler to join our General Insurance team, delivering excellent customer service to our Police Mutual members and Forces Mutual customers. If successful you’ll join a very lively and fast paced team who are all “wired to care” and strive to “be the best. Our Account Handlers currently cover office based hours of 9am to 5pm.
In this role you will…
- Be responsible for acting as the first point of contact for our members
- Take inbound calls and make outbound calls where necessary
- Maximise every customer interaction through generating and retaining business for the Group via upselling and cross selling techniques
- Sell and renew general insurance and military products
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Group, assisting colleagues with peaks of customer demand
- Deal with member correspondence by via post, email, web
- Attend team meetings and contribute to them, raising concerns and discussing FAQ’s from our members
- Ensure that all communications are clear, fair and not misleading and relevant regulations are followed e.g. data protection, Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Strive to uphold our values – our members and customers are at the heart of everything we do
All our Account Handlers possess the following…
- Previous experience of working within a telephone based role, ideally within financial services
- Experience of providing excellent service during every interaction with members and customers
- Preferably, experience of providing general policy information and dealing with policy amendments, renewals and retention, quotations and sales
- Confidence to make outbound sales calls to ‘warm leads’
- Experience using upselling/ cross selling techniques
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
What’s in it for you…
We’re just as passionate about what we do for our colleagues as we are for our members and customers. We provide a great working environment and offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 24 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private medical healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. All colleagues also have access to Lifeworks – an employee Wellbeing platform which hosts a number of valuable wellbeing initiatives such as our EAP, tools and articles on emotional, financial and physical wellbeing and our fantastic internal recognition scheme.
Needless to say once you join the Police Mutual Group you become a member and as such yourself and your family will become eligible to our fantastic products and services.
To apply, set up your account:
- Create a comprehensive candidate profile and upload your CV to promote yourself effectively to our recruitment teams.
- Receive real-time email and profile alerts when a potential opportunity becomes available.
- View and manage your applications.